Friday 25 April 2014

The Things You Can't See


So I guess the title already indicates a lot. I know a lot of you might believe that it is weird how I can jump from being full of happiness and joy to a person feeling all lonely, desperate and sad. I would have thought this is weird three months ago. But right now, I know better. 

I'm all happy because I'm going through the challenge of TCJF with so many other IBDler and I know that we can do this together, be strong together. It makes me feel belonging to a group of people. I'm not saying that I have no friends, but this is different. Like way different. This are people that go exactly through what I'm going through and they on their side know the same about me. Having an autoimmune disease that is only rarely talked about in public is more than just a disease with symptoms. It's pain. It's medication with major side effects. It's permanent fatigue. It's feeling permanently sick and weak. It's becoming different around others because your life is so much different from theirs. This makes you lonely. Saying that you feel lonely makes your friends think that you don't care any longer whether they are there or not. Even if you do. And you do. You always do. The thing is people cannot know what you are going through until they feel it themselves which I would never want for anybody else. And this is why you feel so damn lonely even when you're surrounded by loving people caring a hell lot for you. 

I spent my evening yesterday with a good friend I haven't seen in a while even though we still live in the same city. Guess, that's the prize of going to university, not seeing your friends from school. It felt so warm at heart to have someone to talk openly to about my disease. It was nice how we can still talk for ages about the most random stuff, some things will never change, some things are still untouched by Horst. A lot of people with IBD say that their disease actually helped them finding true friends on which you can always count. To me, this isn't true, at least not completely. The more people I talk to, the more I realized the people closest to my heart are also those who to me react in a perfect way. Just treating me as a normal person, just being me, Valerie. So I guess I already had a pretty fine taste when it comes to friends. However, other people in my life won't be there that much longer. And actually I'm not too sad about these circumstances as I simply have not enough energy and time for their negative and superficial bullshit. Still, I'd like to say that the girl from yesterday certainly belongs to the first group of people in my life, thank you so much darling. 

Still, she had to leave. And I was all by myself. Feeling lonely. Then another friend wrote something in her blog (http://lucians-bookmark.blogspot.de/2014/04/inflammatory-bowel-disease-ulcerative.html) about me which certainly touched me a lot. In several ways. Ways I cannot yet explain. When I told somebody about my feelings about this post he told me that I shouldn't be touched that much by something laying in the past, something that I'm already over. And with my strength right now, it'll all be alright. I'd be lying if I would say that I didn't want to hear that, especially because this is exactly the title of my blog. However, I had to realized that I might not yet be ready to be told so. Because truth is, I still need time even though I'm trying very hard to feel fine and to only express positive vibes on this blog. But I wanted it to be realistic and reality isn't always as nice as you want it to be. Truth is, I'm not over it, I'm still crying a lot in the nights trying to understand why it has to be me going through this even though I would never want this for anybody else. I know that wallowing in self-pity won't make it any easier or better but I can't fight against it right now. And nobody else can do this for me. So here I am, all alone. 

But I'm a strong person and as strong person I won't close this post with such a thought. So here's what I had yesterday and today (yes, still following the #21TCJF Challenge):

Thursday, 24th March
Breakfast: Leftovers of the banana bread
Lunch: Again Leftovers from the Tuna Salad (that bowl was just way too big)
Dinner: a mild Indian chicken curry & rice & blood orange juice
Exercise: just a short walk w/ my friend

Indian chicken curry & rice


Friday, 25th March
Breakfast: Banana & Apple 
Lunch: Leftovers from the Indian chicken curry
Dinner: (spoiler) I have no idea, I'm having a date! 
Snack: self-made apple-cinnamon muffins 
Exercise: none

self-made apple-cinnamon muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment