Wednesday 23 April 2014

Being Challenged


So yesterday, I started the 21 Day IBD Challenge by TCJF (The Crohn's Journey Foundation) and so far I feel pretty amazing. Not necessarily only my body but also my soul really like this challenge because it gives me an aim right now, a finish line that I've been looking for ever since my diagnosis (because where is your finish line going to be when there is no cure, eh?). I took a lot more time for myself each day in order to follow the diet and exercise plan of the challenge. It makes me more relaxed and less stressed even though I'm back to University and hell, it ain't no fun at all because I have to take way too many classes. In addition, even though a lot of activities by foundations as TCJF only take place in America, I feel more part of the group of IBDlers around the world. And, which by the way makes me really really happy, I found out Horst doesn't necessarily have to be a threat to my love for food. This is why I'm planning on a new section in my blog about food that I love and which is good to my belly, what could be more suitable for a blog by a person like me? 

So that's what the challenge is about: 

NO GLUTEN, NO DAIRY, NO SUGAR
EXERCISE THREE TIMES A WEEK FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES

Did sound tough in the beginning, but well it isn't actually. Here's what I ate/did so far:

Tuesday, 22nd April
 Breakfast: Self made gluten-free banana bread 
Lunch: gluten-free noodles with garlic sauce & few slices of Chicken
Dinner: Bowl of fresh Tuna Salad 
Exercise: 2 hour soccer practice 

Tuna Salad 


Wednesday, 23rd April
Breakfast: Slices of a fresh orange
Lunch: - none - (wasn't hungry at all due to late breakfast)
Dinner: Leftovers of the Tuna Salad & Blueberry-Banana-Shake
Exercise: 40 Minutes Bike Ride (I admit it - only to get to University and back)

Blueberry-Banana-Shake 

So far I'm pretty proud of myself and can only recommend this to everyone - ill or not. Give your body from time to time the chance to recover from all the shit you give to him everyday, he will be very thankful and peaceful in return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment