Monday 21 April 2014

Happy Flaring

I wish I could continue my positive vibes from the last post but guess what, I can't. 


Hell yeah - I'm trying. 

Just like everybody else I get really excited coming close to any festivity because of the enormous amount of food, family time oh and no university! And until yesterday, it has been simply amazing. I had a friend from Austria visiting and staying with me last week and we spent a lot of time together sightseeing through Hamburg. I stayed there to have a good time with friends at the Easter bonfire right at the beach, which i definitely had! Unfortunately an autoimmune disease comes with a rather weak immune system which I tend to suppress. However, my body didn't which is why I felt terribly sick since yesterday morning. Yesterday evening then was the night! Easter Barbecue with the family, beautiful weather, and still me being sick. SUCKS! Well and then me being really silly. Eating too much food, food I shouldn't be eating anyway. So coming back to my flat share I had a terrible night of only a tiny amount of sleep, headaches, throat hurting.. (just general cold things, however a cold is nothing so easy and simple to handle with an immune system like mine) and FLARES. I. Hate. It. And as if this wasn't bad enough already, I had something one might call a date today.. I must have looked terrible because this is what i felt like. Wondering if this guy ever will be wanting to see me again.. Just being honest, this is what I hate most about this disease, it brings you down when you're expecting it the least, when it is most important for you to be healthy. Well and it kind of ruined my Easter. Everybody who knows me, knows me as a person with an unconditional love for food. UC really takes a hard hit on that love. Fortunately I came a along this challenge (and if I'm able to work this out, it'd be pretty sweet) https://thecrohnsjourneyfoundation.org/21-day-ibd-challenge/ , so Horst (yes, i named my UC Horst, couldn't think of an uglier name) be ready for that! Just started with a huge amount of tea my best friend gave me when I visited her. And tomorrow I'll be out for a run, at least that's my plan when my body will agree on doing so. 


Always remember to do something for yourself each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment