Saturday 3 May 2014

My first 8k


Um I guess the headline already indicated a lot but guys I'm so excited I made 8k yesterday! uargh!




this was last thursday, soo slow but still close to 6k!

not much faster, but 8k! Whoop!




















On thursday morning I already got really close to my 6k aim and finally - I don't know how - I got the 8k. (I know some people won't be able to understand my excitement about these 8k, but try to run 8k when your gut feels like somebody is trying to light a fire and you're only able to even move because of pain killer)

I'm so happy I'm finally feeling better (even though this has only been a really short amount of time of feeling numb, dizzy, sleepy and all of that) and it makes me even happier to see my own progress not only in running but in handling my illness. Everyday is better than the day before. I only have been diagnosed for about two months now but I already realized so many beautiful things Horst taught me: Never let your happiness be controlled by something you can't control. This advise isn't always easy - trust me, I for sure know it isn't at all - but it is so important. Do yourself a favor and try to smile more often, a smile might light up your whole day. And of course don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace, they will never know how you feel exactly. You should know what's best for you, not them, nobody does know you better than you do (well in my case with the exception of my best friend). Most of the time people around you won't understand your journey. They don't need to, it's not for them. It's yours. Only yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment